Sunday, December 19, 2010

Sarcasm's Sister Vol. 2

Every Sunday morning, while my dear Grampa is watching from the west side of the mountains, my Mom, here on the east side, watches CBS Sunday Morning. They’ve watched this show “together” for years now. It’s a beautiful thing, really, knowing that even though they aren’t in the same room, they are both tuning in at the same time each week.

I don’t always watch the show, but today I sat still long enough to enjoy it with them, and Oh am I glad I did. Today they did a feature about the creators of the website AwkwardFamilyPhotos.com. For today's blog post, instead of posting an angry and/or sarcastic rant about whatever is irritating me this week, I’d like to post a few of the photos I laughed at the most, along with the comments of the people who posted the photos. When we were growing up, our Mom would get us all dressed up, and we’d go get our own Family Photo’s taken for the year. I won’t be posting any of ours, but I thought some free publicity for Mike and Doug at AFP would be a great Thank You to them for this genius idea of theirs. This is the week before Christmas, after all.
Enjoy! (as much as I did, I hope) Remember, the comments and photos are not mine. They are just some of the comments and photos posted on the site.


You actually will shoot your eye out, kid.

You should hear her play the screwdriver.

If he couldn’t blow out the candles, his father was always there to back him up.

This young man had blinked for the last time.

A reminder never to use a baby as a bookend.

“My in-laws live on a farm in central Virginia. One particular afternoon I wanted to get some photos of my father-in-law. Naturally he was outside tending to his horses. This horse needed some shots and we all know horses don’t comply when they see the ‘needle.’”

This horse was very upset when he heard he wasn’t a part of the “bridal” party.


There is a theory that people look like their pets.

Barley had been upstaged for the last time.

No comments:

Post a Comment