Monday, May 27, 2013

Taking a few minutes








Today my wife and I took our kids to one of the traveling Vietnam walls. Before we took the kids out there, we tried to impart a little history. We are vets, our family has many veterans, police officers, fire fighters, EMT's, and teachers. It has inspired my own civil service, and makes me appreciate the people around me. I may come off angry, annoyed and sometimes even hateful. At times, I am all of those and more. It is a part of life. It happens. I take my stress out here, "using my words", as my mother calls it. 

This day I celebrate our heroes, and the freedoms they have protected so I can come to this website and rant. I had the opportunity to "earn" an education. I can start a business selling evil greeting cards. I can practice my belief system. For these rights to be protected, and for them to endure, we must take time to pay homage to the people who have gone before us to ensure these rights continue.

So, take this time with me and give thanks, to the teachers who do not get paid near enough, the firefighters, EMT's, and police officers who often find us on the worst day of our lives and have sworn to protect us, and the volunteer military, Marines, Navy, Army, Air Force, Coast Guard and National Guard.


No comments:

Post a Comment